Department Review & Approvals
- Department chairs and directors may establish preferred protocols in consultation with MBZUAI Library and the Provost's Office, for the publishing of faculty, researcher, student, and other department content on MBZUAI eCommons repository.
- Department chairs and directors agree to disseminate information about procedures and policies for MBZUAI eCommons, including author responsibilities regarding copyright.
- MBZUAI Library will proactively seek to identify and deposit MBZUAI affiliated research in consultation and/or on behalf of MBZUAI authors. The Library will continue to develop and refine procedures in consultation with the Provost's Office to support the efficient deposit and successful showcasing of MBZUAI scholarship, and disseminates information on copyright to support authors.
- MBZUAI Library will assist researchers build a researcher profile page that includes links to selected works and may provide other information on an author’s research interests, current projects, affiliations, etc.
MBZUAI Library claims no rights or responsibility for content posted on MBZUAI eCommons:
- All permission requests should be directed to the individual authors or the stated holders of copyright.
- MBZUAI Library will remove access to material should it receive notification of infringement and will consult with the author. The library may request confirmation that the material is not infringing copyright before reinstating access.